Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Kid quips

The kids amused us with some interesting insights these past few weeks:

1. Owen was introduced to his Great Grandma over Christmas.

When his cousin walked into the room, Owen felt it was his responsibility to introduce him to her.


"Hudson, do you know who that is? That is Big Grandma."




2. Carra and Brice don't always see eye to eye and can waste a large amount of energy squabbling.

After one such frustrating banter with her brother, I was helping her put on her boots and she seemed lost in thought.
After a few moments she asked, "Mom, where did we get Brice? Did he lose his family or something and we took him in?"

Somehow it must explain things and bring her comfort to hope that maybe he is from somewhere else . . .





3. In light of our whole potty training ordeal, I passed through the room and smelled a foul odor.

Assuming the worst, I asked Owen, "Are you stinky, Owen?"


He stopped playing and seemed a bit frustrated at my accusation when he replied, "No, I not stinky, Mom. Everybody has butts, you know. It's not me!"


He was right. It wasn't him. It was the donkey. (I'll explain later . . . )

4. I was sharing the exciting news with our kids that good friends of ours were pregnant with their ninth child. The kids were excited and without missing a beat Mikayla turns to me (Tina) and says, "Mom, you could never do that. You couldn't handle nine kids could you?"

Hmmmm. Apparently, it shows a bit too much some days . . . .

No comments: