Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flowers and a story . . .

Today my dear husband sent me flowers. It is a rare occurrence and a wonderful surprise. They were also appropriately timed . . . I was on the phone talking/ venting to him about my most current parenting struggle. He was tenderly counseling me on my response and my needed reaction. Getting the flowers just then was like getting the greatly needed hug! (Love the sunflowers!)

But that is really not the true intention of my post. As excited as I was to get flowers, I was more amused by the delivery . . .

Carra and Owen had just asked if they could go out and run through the sprinkler - and I said "yes." Owen did not feel he was appropriately dress so went on a search for his swimming trunks (it's swimming lesson week - they were all in the laundry) while I continued to talk to Buff on the phone upstairs.

Apparently he was in the process of changing out of his clothes and into the swimming suit when the doorbell rang . . .

Yep, it appears that he answered the door in ONLY his t-shirt. By ONLY, I truly mean ONLY.

I think the delivery lady was "exposed" to a lot more than she bargained for . . . .

No comments: