Monday, August 25, 2008

The trip

The kids and I ventured out to Michigan a few weeks ago to attend a small family reunion. I didn't include those pictures here because they are mostly my kids with people you've never met. Of course, I didn't know some of them either. If you want to go and see those pictures, you can go here.

The reunion only took up about 5 hours of the entire weekend.

Here is a look at some of the other fun moments we had on the trip. . .


Here is the task to be conquered.
Castle Rock.
164 steps to the top.

Fresh and ready to go . . .

Halfway up - and still smiling . . .

At the top. Owen is hyper. Carra is out of sorts.
A fun time to be sure . . .

Everyone at the top.
Notice how Owen still isn't just standing with the kids for a picture.
He is finding something else to climb.

Halfway down. That was the easy part . . .
(Oh, and Owen sat . . . for 2 seconds, but he sat.)

When I was a kid, I swore it was longer to the top. I also don't remember everything fenced in . . .it is funny how your perspective changes when you are taller.

Ahh, memory lane.

No comments: