Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pictures

My friend and I (Tina) went "shooting" yesterday at the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. There was a lot of green, but we found a little pond with some variety. I have some kinks to work out with my camera - I can get a bit frustrated! I have lots of ideas, but my camera is still smarter than me! Anybody know anyone who can teach me?

It was a neat day to enjoy the creativity and diversity of God's creation.

The lonely daisy



Seriously, can't we have some privacy here?



This picture is a bit blurry, but it was quite an accomplishment to get this picture. We had to trudge through some thick mud and dense trees to get this close. Buff, you would have been proud. There were signs saying to stay on the trail - and I have a very strong conscience (jaywalking just riddles me with guilt). Getting a picture of a bullfrog for my 8 year old seemed very important at the time in spite of the mud and the signs! (By the way, when we got back there, there were many other human shoe prints . . . ) No trees, plants or even bugs (okay, maybe a mosquito) were injured in the taking of this picture.


There were lots of dragonflies. I was very excited to get one sitting still!
That was when I realized how many different ones there were.


It ain't easy being green.



The camera provides more detail than what we saw.
The black markings on his wings looked like broken flags.

Consider the lilies, how they grow:
they neither toil nor spin,
yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory
was not arrayed like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass,
which is alive in the field today,
and tomorrow is thrown into the oven,
how much more will he clothe you,
O you of little faith!
Luke 12:27-28

No comments: