Monday, February 18, 2008

Alive and well

I know we haven't checked in a while. Wow, has life been busy. We have been entertaining, going on field trips, doing school, watching it snow and snow and snow and snow . . . . fixing, cleaning and moving a lot of houses, babysitting, and everything else in between. To be perfectly honest, this week isn't looking much calmer, but I thought I would steal a few seconds and let you know we are still alive!

As far as new news - we don't have any. A lot happens around here, but not much in the way of stories and excitement. So rather than bore you with silly details of snow shoveling, laundry folding and math drills, I'll just share a few more photos of my kiddos that will explain why we stay home, lock the doors and pad the walls . . .


Yes, that is one of "those" on her forehead. They were playing doctor. Now really, if my doctor showed up wearing one of those hats and put one of those on my head I think I would be looking for a new clinic.

Owen is a "Tooking Man." (Interpreted: Cooking Man) What he really means to say is that it is a chef hat. Hey, he's three years old. He can officially play with plastic bags now.

Do you really want to know where that water came from? Yep, it's toilet water (and no, I don't mean perfume . . .) Potty training is progressing, but if we could get him to keep his other end on the toilet, I think we will be a bit more successful.

Ahhhhh, Carra Grace. She loves tattoos and so I shared with her that if she dips her watercolor colored pencils in water, she can draw on her skin too. We are still working on technique and style - but she is having fun in the meantime. The good news: It washes off much easier than tattoos!

I think he is a police man here. Doesn't he just demand respect and obedience?

This is the watercolor pencils at work again. She wants to know when I will buy her real lipstick so she doesn't have to keep using the pencils. Maybe when her hand is a bit more steady.

Well, I have a few more posts coming with more fun stuff to share . . . coming soon!

No comments: