Thursday, October 2, 2008

Speaking of growing . . . up . . .

I know I post a lot about the little kids in the family, but we all have to admit they do cuter things more often than older kids and just make the material easier to come by.

So here is my update of the older kids of the family.

Today I am feeling old, sad, excited, nervous and everything else in between.

Mikayla has had her first official babysitting job. You know, the kind where they pick her up, pay her and everything!

I feel old because I still picture myself as the mother of young children. I am excited because it means she may actually be old enough for me to leave the house once in a while and leave her in charge. I think I'm nervous because I wonder if she is really ready - sheesh - I remember being 12 and I am amazed that no children were harmed when I was in charge! (Actually, I'm 36 and I'm still amazed that no children have been harmed . . . )

It's just one of those sappy moments where I picture my toddler pushing the baby stroller across the living room . . . and then . . . bam! . . . she's now making money doing it . . . where did the time go? When did she grow up?

Speaking of up . . . here is where I found Brice today . . .


Yeah, it will be a while before we will be leaving him in charge . . .


Oh, and I found this wandering through the house the other day . . . .

We can't find any info as to identify the species or origin . . . it's just so . . . happy . . .


1 comment:

Crazy Mom said...

ok....Brice in the tree with the picnic table!!!!???? How in the world did he do that, I mean, I see the ladder, but how did he get it up there!?!?! WOW!