Monday, January 26, 2009

Update of Owen's eye . . .

If I were to write out a description of our life, I think it would be sold in the comedy section . . .

We have seen the ophthlamologist 3 times in the last week due to the injury to Owen's eye (and they still don't have my consent form on file yet - I've signed it 3 times and every time they say I haven't signed it. Sounds like my house. It's around here somewhere - just not where it needs to be!)

On Friday, the doctor was concerned because the right eye was severely near-sighted and there was some difference with some of the dimensions of the inner eye (I don't know if I could explain it - ask Buff if you want the accurate scientific update). His right eye was reading negative 8 near-sightedness and his left eye was actually far-sighted. Apparently this was very extreme, but yet correctable with glasses.

Today. Three days later. Now his right eye is far-sighted. The near-sightedness is COMPLETELY gone. No lazy eye. No permanent damage. The whole vision issue was temporary and was indeed caused by the injury.

Sigh. It appears the roller-coaster has just screeched to a halt. Although, I'm not getting unbuckled yet just in case it takes off again. (We have a follow-up appt. in two weeks - just to make sure . . . )

So here is what it all means.

1. Owen will not need glasses.

2. Owen's amazing coordination makes complete sense again - and I feel better about my clumsiness (maybe I can use my eyes as an excuse after all).

3. Buff is relieved that Owen's future sport career has not been derailed and he may be able to take care of us in our retirement after all.

4. Brice is back in the dog-house.

And now I wonder what this week's story will be . . .

No comments: