Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just so you know . . .

1. I do have other children other than Owen . . . Since I only ever seem to post about him - I will commit this post to Carra . . .

2. I am a twin. We look alike - and that is about where the similarities stop. For instance, she buys her children a kitten . . . I buy my children . . .

A MOUSE!

Seriously, this little mouse has finally experienced true love. I don't think he could be loved more than he is by this little girl. She holds him constantly and he climbs all over her - even up her sleeve. He even holds the noble name of . . . Chet. Of course, he has no idea how good he has it because technically he is a "feeder" - you know - for snakes. He was saved from certain doom and loved unconditionally. No really, I think there is a sermon illustration here about redemption. This could preach. (And now you also know why Buff writes his own sermons . . . .)

Actually, we also gained a hamster in this whole ordeal because that is what she wanted originally. The hamster turned out to be very "vicious" (to quote a heartbroken six year old). Brice liked the hamster so he traded her his mouse for him - and she fell in love. (See, this is where the sermon illustration kind of falls apart . . .) Now to get her to love cleaning out the cage . . .

3. Carra has also recently lost her thwo fronth theeth. It is very cute.



It is fun because she now has a place for her tongue . . .



And she is very excited because now she can do this . . .


Yeah, I don't get it either . . . but it is a good picture to keep around for those future potential boyfriends.

4. She is also doing well in school and has discovered she "loves" math facts. I considered getting her head examined, but chose to just give her a few worksheets instead. Because I thought it seemed reasonable, I gave her a worksheet with just a few problems on it so as to not overwhelm her and ruin a good thing here. She was very disappointed because she wanted a worksheet like Brice's - you know - with 100 math facts on it. So I agreed, found her a worksheet with 100 facts on it (+ 1's), set up her counting blocks and away she went . . .


I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually - no really, this is the Powers' house . . . but I'll enjoy it while it lasts! If it sticks, we all know she didn't get it from her mother . . .


No comments: