Friday, August 7, 2009

A bloggable life . . .

As life happens around here, I always picture in my head how I would blog it. I think in blog format. I plan for blog format. I just rarely blog in blog format. Ironically, it is because of that thing called life that is always happening around here.

I am always taking pictures. The camera sits on my counter . . . just in case something "bloggable" runs through the kitchen. Like the day I was having a serious conversation on the phone. The woman on the other end was crying and pouring out her heart to me . . . and Owen and Carra raced through the kitchen . . . with underwear on their heads.

I totally missed it.

I just couldn't figure out how to put the poor woman on hold so I could photograph our crazy life that was running through the kitchen - at the worst possible moment.

You would have loved that post . . . just imagine . . . Buzz Lightyear . . . and two ready-made eyeholes . . .

But . . . I did manage to get this . . .

As the story goes . . .

Carra and Owen play very well together (well . . . most of the time). On this particular day, the older kids were gone all day so Carra and Owen were left to entertain themselves.

Carra decided that it would make the day more interesting if she and Owen traded identities. You know, she would become Owen and he would become her. Brilliant.

So, they traded clothes and practiced answering to each other's names. To complete the deal and make it "official" . . . she spit in his mouth . . . so he would become her - and he totally went along with it. Not so brilliant. It worked for a while until Owen wanted to be Owen again, so he spit back at her.


She was no longer in control . . . . and that irritated her . . . so she gave him a mohawk.

There is a green stamp on his head too. I think it was part of the initiation . . . little green giraffes. Makes total sense - cuz Carra always has one of those on her head.

By the way, the greasy look to her hair is gel. They really tried to give her a mohawk too . . . but quickly realized it just wasn't going to work.

Yes, that night became bath night.

This is the kind of stuff that makes up my life. I have so much more I want to say, but so little time to share . . . but stay tuned . . . just in case I have another spare minute . . . because my camera is full again.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Geee..my kids never thought of exchanging identities, very creative kids you have there, LOL

Yah, I keep my camera with me at all times, cuz you just never know when that cute thing will happen and we HAVE to be prepared, :-)

Jennittia said...

You have the best stories!!! Did the woman ever find out about the underwear? I bet after the fact it would be really funny to her.

Tina said...

Jennittia,

Yes, I did tell her about the underwear incident - and she did find it quite hilarious. She even said that I should have put her on hold, but we agreed that in the end that would have been very tacky . . .

Besides, this is the Powers'. The chances of it happening again are VERY likely.