Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chicago . . .

We LOVE Chicago.

Our friends are nice too.

But we LOVE Chicago.

Recently we went down to visit our nice friends . . . and being the nice friends that they are . . . they help us to enjoy Chicago without the extra hassles of parking and getting lost.

Okay. We LOVE our friends too.

The first place they took us was the "Bean."

Here is our family photo under the "Bean." I think I'm going to use it for this year's Christmas card. It was a good hair day and everyone was smiling.


Apparently . . .they glued the thing down because Brice and Owen just couldn't budge the thing.


In case you were wondering . . .

I was there too . . .

And there were lots of kiddos. I have no idea who those other kids are, but they were so happy to get their picture taken with my kids that I just couldn't say no.

Actually, they belong to the nice people who made this day possible. Don't you love the Chicago skyline in the "Bean"?

Brice pulled the usual Powers stunt . . . .

and landed safely . . .

Sometimes I wonder who is the bigger idiot. The one jumping or the one snapping pictures of it . . . must be genetic . . .

We then found a fun area for the kids to splash around . . .




and we were exposed to true Chicago culture . . .

Just so you know . . .
This . . .
is . . .
art . . .

We waited around and watched a guy's face twitch and smirk at us . . . and then act like he was spitting on us.

You just can't dream up memories like this . . .

And that's why we LOVE Chicago . . .

3 comments:

sarah said...

Tina do you see what an artist you are? Look at the first bean picture you took...it looks like a smile!

Tina said...

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it . . . do I admit that or just act like that was my intention all along?

Jennittia said...

Such fun!!! I miss Chicago-- only sometimes!