Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The things they say . . .

We have been a bit busy lately . . . but that doesn't mean the kids haven't been talking . . .

1. Owen -

He came to me all excited about the fact that Jesus has died on the cross for his sins. It began a discussion about what sin is. I went on to explain that it is when we do bad things that don't honor God.

Owen - now the expert - continued the conversation to clarify that point . . .

"Yeah, it was a sin when I yelled at you and threw a fit. And it was a sin when you yelled at me for yelling at you . . ."

How quickly they learn . . .

2. Carra -

"Mom, I need a new light bulb in my lamp because it isn't very bright. I need one with more squats."

3. Owen -

Owen named his stuffed dog Bitsy.

Cute.

He struts into our room this morning and proclaims, "I have decided to change my dog's name to Mitsy. I don't want his name to sound like a swear word any more." (Use your imagination and say "Bitsy" with a bit of a Owen accent. . . he was changing the /s/ to /ch/.)

My question is -after the shock and giggles - How did he know that was a swear word?

How quickly they learn . . .

No comments: