Monday, March 22, 2010

The things they say . . .

I was watching a friend's kids this weekend.

At the end of the day, I instructed the kids to clean up all the messes in the various rooms. Once they got the hang of it, I sent them to the basement to clean up one last mess.

The three boys (ages 4, 5, and 7) stood in the basement debating, arguing, and somewhat discussing the best way to tackle the job.

Sounds like they are ready for the real working world.

I was coming down the stairs to retrieve something and overheard their bantering. I stepped in and instructed one boy to pick up the trucks, the other to pick up the dishes, and the other to pick up the dress-up clothes. They looked at me with amazement like I had solved world peace (which at that moment in my day - I felt I had) and got to work.

As I was heading back up the stairs, I over heard one child say to the others . . .

"Wow, I had no idea your mom was a genius!"

Hey, I am just saying.

Then he stops and says, "Wait! She's a mom - duh! Of course, she's a genius!"

Needless to say, that kid is hanging around my kids a lot in the near future.

1 comment:

Jennittia said...

SOOOOOO priceless! And must have put you on cloud nine!