Saturday, June 19, 2010

What do you think?

It's time for the ultrasound . . .

I have had four babies and never found out the gender during pregnancy.  It was actually fun being surprised in the end. Every kid came home from the hospital  in neutral colors - but it was fun!

But this time is different.  Because we are totally unprepared for this kid coming in October, I need a little more information to help me prepare.  We totally intend on finding out whether it is a boy or a girl.  Now hopefully this child will cooperate . . .

So the big day is Tuesday, June 22.

If you'll notice in the upper right hand corner of the blog there is a poll - I've always wanted a good reason to add one . . . and this seems like a good excuse.  Go ahead and vote and make your prediction.  I'm closing the poll on Tuesday night because once my kids find out - the whole world is going to know . . . and that just wouldn't be fair.

Here is some information that might persuade your vote . . .

  • We have alternated consistently girl, boy, girl, boy . . . so technically we are due for a girl.
  • Everybody in the family really would like a boy . . . so it will probably be a girl (which secretly thrills everyone too . . . but we need someone who can survive the big brother).
  • I have no information on how I am carrying the baby . . . because I am just thick. Because of my long waist, I won't show consistently for another month or two.
  • I craved meat in the first three months. Now I like meat - and anything salty.
  • We have a girl name and a boy name picked out . . . so we are prepared  either way.  NO - We will not share the name until it is born. Something has to be a surprise - and once it's named, your opinion won't matter. You are less likely to share your opinion if it is permanent . . .  (Family names we have to choose from:  Mervil, Isadore, Agnes, Winifred . . . to name a few . . .)
  • I knew confidently when I was having my girls that they were girls.  I waffled constantly between girl and boy when I had my boys.  I have no confidence or solid prediction with this one . . . could that mean . . . .?
  • That ultrasound picture at the top - is mine from this pregnancy.  It was too early to tell gender . . . but if you know how to count . . .

Anything else you want to know?

So go ahead and vote away . . . I'll fill you in as soon as we know . . . if my kids don't tell you first!

No comments: