Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guitars

A while ago I shared all of Owen's hats. Today I have to share all of his guitars.

I am not entirely sure where he picked up the concept of the guitar, maybe from Uncle Ryan, but his creative little mind will turn almost anything into a guitar. He strums and sings. He also tries to teach others how to play. He handed Aaron a ruler and said, "Play the ditar, Ayrn." He was quite frustrated with Aaron when he looked at the ruler, hit the ruler on the floor, waved it above his head, smacked the dog - you know typical two year old things. Owen just couldn't understand why Aaron wouldn't naturally strum a ruler. He has taught some of the kids in the nursery to play and they now have a band. They are going to call themselves "The Duplos". (The large version of Lego).

He can be found strumming snowballs, toy guns, spoons, and a few other unique objects. Here are few I caught on camera: (I can't say I have ever seen him strumming an actual guitar)

Tractor trailer - he is plowing his way through this one!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Those are smore's tongs for the fire pit.
Thankfully the cardboard was still on them -
seeing how he is strumming, singing and bouncing.

Don't you just want to sing along??
Don't worry, you will be more on key than he is.

At least the material is wood -
isn't that what they make guitars out of?

He is singing the song, "Measure of a Man"

Yep, even the dish soap! I hope that lid holds!

Coming soon: Carra's dance moves

2 comments:

squirt said...

Too cute! The many talents of Owen, and too think he has a different hat for each guitar!!

I have a few pictures I need to get posted on here, but keep forgetting... I will try and get that done here in the next few days. I don't want you to think you are the only 'blogger'!!!

Tina said...

I don't take any offense to being the only one to blog, just so long as I know that someone is actually reading! Thanks for commenting occasionally!