Monday, August 13, 2007

To good to be true?

I am having a moment here. I just have to share.

Owen is two and a half. All three of my older children have not potty trained before the age of 3 and the entire process was long and rather nightmarish.

I have been introducing Owen to the potty gradually and randomly. I figure there is not much reason to take it all seriously because the others didn't have much interest at this point - so neither will he. Well. . .. That doesn't appear to be the case . . . In the last 4-5 days Owen has surprised us by running into the room screaming "I godda doe potty!" as he is ripping off his diaper and heading for the bathroom. Yes, we are giddy.

Now all that being said - he has yet to go stinky in the potty. There still may be a nightmare yet to come. Hey, I'll take whatever progress I can get!

Doesn't this story just make YOUR day???

No comments: