Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dream



I had a dream . . . I know the last guy who said that actually had an impact on the world - don't get to excited about my dream - nothing earth shattering here.

One of the things Buff and I enjoy doing together is going to coffee shops, finding a quiet corner with comfy chairs and talking. The problem is that a lot of other people have the same idea and so we often have to compete for the atmosphere we so desire. (Now there is a picture for you - Buff and Tina dueling it out with another couple for the couch at Starbucks!)

So, I had this dream that Buff and I were looking for a place to talk and we found a sports bar that was in a house. The house was loaded with couches and tables for people to sit around and talk. Now don't worry. In my dream - we only ordered a pizza.

I woke up inspired. Wouldn't it be great to have a place where there were plenty of couches, chairs, and tables around so that people could just come and sit. Maybe play a quiet game. Maybe just talk. Maybe study. We could serve coffee - there's is nothing like the smell of coffee to help someone relax (I personally don't drink the stuff - can you be addicted to the smell? I have discovered the joys of a vanilla steamer - mmmmmm! - and coffee free too!). Lots of rooms. Lots of places to sit. No dueling allowed.

We could have a library/reading room or possibly a bookstore where people who wander in could leave with a good book and inspired to live their week to count for Christ.

If it were in a house, the upstairs could be converted into a small/ cozy getaway for couples in ministry who just need to get away . . .

Okay, so that is my dream. It isn't going to change the world, but it was fun to think it up! I told Buff that he needs to let me know when he has saved our first million $ so we can get started.

Yeah, he laughed at me too.

1 comment:

Bevin said...

Hey Tina,

I'm not laughing at all. I think your dream is a great idea. Brady and I will be making our first million in the next couple of years, and we would love to sponsor your project. As long as we're the first to be served coffe and relax on our favorite couch. :)