Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My entries

I am taking a photography class "Taking pictures that talk" through UW Milwaukee with a friend and we have been given a few assignments.

The first assignment was to take a picture of a person - but there could be no body part of a person in the picture. Yeah, my head was reeling too when I heard the assignment. He talked us through it and this is what I came up with: (It is the same picture, but in different tones). Who would you say it is?????



The class is Wednesday night so I am eager to hear the teacher's critique.

Assignment #2 was to take a picture of a person in their environment. Now that one was a bit easier. Here is what I am turning in: (We have to turn in 3-5 different pictures.)

I am a sucker for sepia tone pictures but I think I am going to submit them in both color and in sepia just to get the teacher's honest perspective. I do have more than 2 kids, but for some reason these two do cuter things when the camera is out.







Any critiques from you professionals??? (Other than the fact that I can't count. I am aware that the assignment is 3-5 pictures and I have 6 . . . )

I have a few other entries I am considering. Do you care to see those too?

2 comments:

squirt said...

I love the color picture of the bible. It looks richer then the sypia or the black and white.

As far as the pictures of the kids, I love the first two of Owen and the two of Cara... where she is looking out the window 'through the pain' and the other one where she blowing the dandelion seeds.

You are getting a good eye for pictures. I would love to see your other pictures!

Tina said...

Buff votes for the color picture of the Bible too. He wants to use it as the header on his blog - as soon as he figures out how. Not that he blogs that often . . . .

The other pictures didn't turn out quite right . .. I 'm going to work on them again - maybe a cloudy day . . . They are pictures of the church's steeple.